1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Which ever one has the alcohol in it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Everything gets wrapped unless it is too gigundous to wrap.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? – Multicolored – white is just too… well too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, afraid the cats will eat it.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the outdoor stuff goes up Thanksgiving weekend and the tree goes up a couple of weekends before Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Homemade Cinnamon Buns
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? There are just so many. But I guess my favorite was when two Santa’s came to the house one year.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was about 5 my Dad dressed up as Santa (as usual) but he forgot to take his ring (a carved tiger eye) and I realized it was Dad and not Santa – I didn’t tell my little sister though because I was so devastated.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, whoever finds the pickle ornament hidden in the tree gets to open the present – a jigsaw puzzle that we all work on.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? First the lights (multi-colored), then the silver garland, then plain glass colored ornaments tucked in towards the lights, then the fancy handmade, or glass blown ornaments. Since we cannot have tinsel due to the cats, I found some neat Victorian Tin-sel or Icicles that are just strips of twisted tin that give that tinsel feeling and they are reusable. Then the candy canes, and if we are so inclined we also string popcorn and cranberries.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.
12. Can you ice skate? Not any more.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Thumbelina Baby Doll – you would crank the handle on her back and her head would move to make her look like a live moving baby.
14. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays? Enjoying time with family and friends. Eating lots of good food and just relaxing.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Kolachis – I just cannot stop eating them.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hanging out on Christmas Eve drinking and eating.
17. What tops your tree? A star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love picking out the perfect surprise gift for each person.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Have yourself a merry little Christmas – Judy Garland.
20. Candy canes yuck or yum? Yum – especially in the hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps.
21. What’s number one on your Christmas list this year? Peace on Earth
I finished one sock – so one to go, both hats are done. I’ve even done some spinning and I even found time to try my hand at dyeing some Finn roving that I had. Royal Blue, Chartreuse and Chestnut – I love it! I think I’m going to do some serious dying after the first of the year. It was so easy.
I have also made 3 of the 7 dozen Rosette cookies for this weekend.
DD’s birthday is also coming quickly (December 20th) and she wants to go into the Boston Museum of Science to see the Gunther von Hagen’s Body Worlds Exhibit. Ewww. So Auntie, cousins and a couple for girlfriends and of course myself, are taking her in on Saturday to see it. Then we plan on walking over to the North End for dinner. This is all pending her rapid recovery. Right now she’s home sick, fever, headache, congestion, sinus pain. With my luck she’ll be fine and I’ll be sick on Saturday.